|Study location||Italy, Venice|
|Type||Academic preparation year, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year (60 ECTS)|
|Awards||(Foundation Year certificate)|
|Tuition fee||€5,000 per programme|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
Students must have attended school for at least 11 years.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
If your documents are not in English or Italian, please upload the original documentation or a verified copy of it AS WELL AS a professional translation in English or Italian. You can obtain professional translations either in your country or in Italy, and they can be issued by professional translators, a local court of law or court interpreters.
As proof of a student’s English language level we accept specific international exams, a list of which can be found here.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
For more information, please contact the School for International Education (SIE) at this email address: email@example.com
The Foundation Year programme is a propedeutic year-long programme designed to prepare international students for studying degree programmes at an Italian university.
It is composed of three learning modules: a general curriculum, the chosen study track, and the language module (English or Italian). For more information on the curriculum, visit this webpage.
All subjects are taught in English.
Classes will start on campus in October. Should the pandemic continue to cause difficulties with travel or delays to visa requests, students may be able to follow the courses online during the first few weeks (in exceptional circumstances only).
All students take the ALL courses of the General Curriculum:
- Modern and Contemporary Italian history
- Critical Thinking
- Academic skills for University preparation
Students choose ONE Study Track from the following:
- Economics and Management
- Humanities and Arts
- Architecture, Art and Design
Students choose ONE language module from the following:
- International Option (English): students will study to achieve a B2/C1 language level in English together with an Elementary Italian course aimed at promoting the student life in the city and at the university.
- Bridge Option (Italian): students will study to achieve a B1 language level in Italian with which they can apply to a degree programme at Ca’ Foscari (under a special agreement that allows them to achieve a B2 by the end of their first year).
- Native Speaker Option: a personalised option for students who can demonstrate to be a native speaker of English or Italian, AND have a B2/C1 knowledge of the other language also. Students in this category will take extra disciplinary courses in English and courses in academic writing in Italian, and will be required to write a short thesis.