|Study location||Italy, Venice|
|Type||Academic preparation year, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year (60 ECTS)|
|Awards||(Foundation Year certificate)|
|Tuition fee||€5,000 per programme|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
Students must have attended school for at least 11 years.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
If your documents are not in English or Italian, please upload the original documentation or a verified copy of it AS WELL AS a professional translation in English or Italian. You can obtain professional translations either in your country or in Italy, and they can be issued by professional translators, a local court of law or court interpreters.
As proof of a student’s English language level we accept specific international exams, a list of which can be found here.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
For more information, please contact the School for International Education (SIE) at this email address: email@example.com
The Foundation Year programme is a propedeutic year-long programme designed to prepare international students for studying degree programmes at an Italian university.
It is composed of three learning modules: a general curriculum, the chosen study track, and the language module (English or Italian). For more information on the curriculum, visit this webpage.
All subjects are taught in English.
Classes will start on campus in October. In exceptional circumstances, students can request to follow the courses online for the first semester only should the Covid pandemic still be restricting travel.
All students take the ALL courses of the General Curriculum:
- Modern and Contemporary Italian history
- Critical Thinking
- Academic skills for University preparation
Students choose ONE Study Track from the following:
- Economics and Management
- Humanities and Arts
- Architecture, Art and Design
Students choose ONE language module from the following:
- International Option (English): students will study to achieve a B2 language level in English together with an Elementary Italian course aimed at promoting the student life in the city and at the university.
- Bridge Option B2 (Italian): students will study to achieve a B2 language level in Italian (required to enrol in a degree programme in Italian), provided they already have a certified A2 level knowledge of the Italian language.
- Intensive Bridge Option B1 (Italian): students will study to achieve a B1 language level in Italian with which they can apply to a degree programme at Ca’ Foscari (under a special agreement that allows them to achieve a B2 by the end of their first year).
- Native Speaker Option: a personalised option for students who can demonstrate to be a native speaker of English, AND have a C1 knowledge of Italian. Students in this category will take extra disciplinary courses in English and courses in formal speaking or writing in English or Italian, and will be required to write a short thesis in the language of their choice, which will be reviewed by the Teaching Committee for evaluation.