Ca’ Foscari’s School for International Education is now accepting applications for its English-taught university preparation programme called the Foundation Year.
The Foundation Year programme, launched last year, is designed to get high school graduates ready to enrol in a bachelor’s degree programme taught in either English or Italian. The programme runs for 8 months, from October 2020 until June 2021.
The Foundation Year is right for you upon completion of high school if:
• you will have only 11 years of schooling instead of the 12 required to enrol in a bachelor’s degree programme in Italy;
• you want to improve your English language skills before applying for admission to an English-taught bachelor’s degree programme;
• you want to improve your knowledge of Italian in order to apply for admission to an Italian-taught bachelor’s degree programme;
• you studied in the United States and do not have the three Advanced Placement exams required to enrol in a bachelor’s degree programme in Italy;
• you studied in the UK and do not have the three A-levels required to enrol in a bachelor’s degree rogramme in Italy.
The programme comprises three parts.
I. General university preparation (120 hours; includes courses in modern Italian history and critical thinking as well as a workshop on academic skills)
II. Focused study track (210 hours), one of four options:
– Economics and Management
– Humanities and Arts
– Architecture, Art & Design – in partnership with Iuav University of Venice
III. Linguistic preparation (300 hours), one of two options:
– International Option – English language plus an elementary Italian course (for students preparing to enrol in an English-taught bachelor’s degree)
– Bridge Option – Italian language (for students preparing to enrol in an Italian-taught bachelor’s degree; prepara certified A2 level knowledge of Italian is required)
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: applicants must be graduating from high school this summer with at least 11 years of schooling and must possess a certified B1-level knowledge of English; those wishing to focus on improving their knowledge of the Italian language must also possess a certified A2-level knowledge of Italian.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4 July 2020
For more information, as well as details regarding scholarships, visit the Foundation Year webpage.
27 Apr 2020