USEFUL TIPS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
In order to make your application to Ca’ Foscari University as successful as possible, here are some useful tips!
Before starting your online application:
- Be sure to read all the official information regarding the preliminary evaluation for international students available here.
- Be sure to read the programme profile on the application platform for each degree programme in which you are interested. Apart from a general description, it also tells you about the programme’s language of instruction, its entry and language requirements and whether it is an open or limited admission degree programme.
To consult the complete list of our degree programmes, use the Search button on the platform’s landing page.
- Please mind the deadlines of the admission rounds! There are different application rounds during which you can apply depending on two major factors: first, whether you are an EU or non-EU citizen; and second, if you live in an EU country and have a permit of stay that allows you to enrol in an Italian university. We have posted the dates of the different admission rounds for those wishing to begin studying in 2023/2024 on this platform.
During the application process:
- You can only register on the platform once, and once you have registered, you can only submit one application. However, you can apply to as many as three (3) different degree programmes with your single application.
- We can only accept colour digital copies of your original documents in PDF format.
- If your entry qualification documents are not in English or Italian, you must provide both verified copies of the original as well as English or Italian translations produced by an official translator. We cannot accept unofficial translations.
- The list of required documents is indicated in your online application: please upload only the documents required. Any unrequired documentation cannot influence the evaluation of your application.
- If you are a high-achieving student and you wish to apply for targeted financial aid that Ca’ Foscari offers international students, please check the news section of this platform’s homepage for information in early December.
Submitting your application:
- The “Save” button allows you to make changes to your application as you work on it over time. You should only use the “Submit” button after you have completed all parts of the application, uploaded all of the required documents and paid the application fee (here are some tips on the specific process of paying the application fee). In fact, the “Submit” button will only work once you have paid the fee. After making your payment, you don’t need to write an email to let us know! Everything occurs automatically.
- While you should only submit your application once you have completed it and uploaded all of the documentation required, you can submit it is the only thing missing is your language certification. Just keep in mind that if you are accepted for admission, you will have to provide this certification in order to be able to enrol!
- The International Office’s Counseling and Welcome Unit will only pre-evaluate submitted applications: applications with statuses such as “reopened”, “prepared”, “inactive”, “blank” or “blocked” will not be evaluated.
After submitting your application:
- Be sure to check the email you provided during registration as regularly as possible. That’s where we will write to you in case we need more information or in order to inform you about the progress of your application.
- In order to know when you can expect to hear back about your application in the different phases of the evaluation, check the dates of the various admission rounds.
- If we need to ask you for additional information or documentation during the pre-evaluation of your application, you will receive our feedback via email. Please read the feedback carefully and respect any deadlines provided.
- If you need to ask any questions: we receive large numbers of emails, so to save time, be sure to check if you can find the answers to your questions on this platform or the university website.
Sending our best,
The Counseling and Welcome Unit
9 Sept 2022