Ca’ Foscari University’s Housing Office is available to provide all accepted or conditionally accepted students support in finding accomodation.
Please keep in mind that applicants with a pending status must wait to receive their letter of enrolment eligibility before contacting the Housing Office.
We kindly advise you that:
- Ca’ Foscari’s Housing Office only assists applicants in seeking accommodation; it does not guarantee accommodation.
- It is always mandatory to pay a deposit in advance when booking accommodation.
- Once an accommodation/rental contract is signed, rent must be promptly paid every month by the deadline established by the contract.
- Declaration of hospitality (Dichiarazione di ospitalità) for visa purposes: Ca’ Foscari does not provide a Declaration of hospitality — this is can only be provided by who will effectively host a student during his/her stay in Italy (i.e., landlords, managers of student residences or private apartments/homes, etc.). In order to be able to request this document, one must first book accommodation and pay the relevant deposit.
Here are the types of accommodation with regard to which the Housing Office offers assistance:
- Private student residences (collegio privato)
This kind of accommodation is not subsidized.
Ca’ Foscari University has agreements with the largest private student residences in Venice. Students interested in this kind of accommodation must submit their application form to Ca’ Foscari’s Housing Office in order to take advantage of a safe and direct channel for obtaining accommodation in one of the residences by the scheduled deadline, which is usually at the end of June. Accommodation in private student residences is much in demand, thus it is wise to complete the application as soon as you are accepted or conditionally accepted.
Prices can be found on this web page.
Please note that updated information with regard to private student residences for the 2020/2021 academic year will be available in May 2020.
- Private shared apartments
Private shared apartments are directly offered by landlords through the Housing Office.
When a proposal comes via a real estate agency, this is made clear, because in such cases students have to pay an extra fee to the agency.
The Housing Office has many contacts and offers for apartments to rent in the Venice district (Venice, Venice Lido, Mestre, Marghera, Campalto, Favaro and surrounding area) and in Treviso.
The average cost of a single room in the historic centre of Venice is € 400.00 + utilities, and € 350.00 + utilities for a place in a shared room. (Prices will be higher if a double room is rented for single use.) It is worth noting that these prices drop significantly for accommodation in Mestre (the mainland part of the city of Venice) or other cities, such as Treviso.
For more information about the above-mentioned types of accommodation, please contact the Housing Office.
Subsidized student residences managed by ESU
This kind of accommodation is managed by ESU, the Regional Institute for Financial Aid in the Veneto (Diritto allo Studio). Both apartments and dorms are available in Venice, Mestre and Treviso, and usually they are the most convenient in the historic centre.
In order to request a place in ESU dorms or apartments, students must read the call for applications and submit their application together with all of the mandatory documents by the deadline indicated. Usually, the call is published in June on ESU’s web site.
Please note that applicants must meet the criteria established in the call. If students do not meet the income or merit requirements, they can apply for the remaining places available only after ESU’s first round of housing allocation.
Since ESU and Ca’ Foscari University work separately, all specific queries regarding ESU-managed accommodation must be submitted directly to ESU.
We wish you the best of luck in your search for accommodation! The earlier you take action, the better!
29 Sep 2019